If you discovered a diamond mine,
who would be the first people you
told about it? Friends and family?
Or strangers?
Networking is the most natural thing you
can do and your warm market is the
most important group of people you can
approach. The people that you know,
trust you. Others might not. It also works
the other way around – with people you
know, you know their work ethic and
their track record, you know if they’re
right for your team.
When I started off, I made a list of
absolutely everyone I knew without
prejudging what they might say. Then I
spent two hours a day simply ringing
everyone. I routed around for phone
numbers for people I went to school with,
acquaintances, everyone. Some joined
right away, others took years before
they joined.
Jean and Mike Day took four years before
they said yes, but I kept on trying,
because I knew that they would love it
and it would change their lives. And it
has, all through their own work ethic.
Even my son Craig took 2 years to join
and then it was just for a bit of beer
money! [Craig is now our Distributor of
the Year and youngest Premier - Ed]
Even if they do say no, leave the door
open and ask if you can get back to them
in six months time to let them know how
you’re getting on.
I guarantee you, it will drive you to work
harder than ever for those six months and
prove it’s going to work!
Jackie White
Gold Premier Executive Distributor