A record number of ex-public sector workers are planning to leave the effects of the spending review behind to start their own businesses, according to catalogue firm Kleeneze.
Kleeneze has reported a 200 percent increase in enquiries from former teachers, council workers and NHS staff who have been made redundant, are anticipating redundancy or have seen their salaries frozen as part of
public sector cuts. It expects the figure to increase further following recent spending reviews and the axing of one in ten public sector jobs.
One ex-public sector worker who has learnt the benefits of running her own business is Sue Verga (47) from Horton, Windsor, who was made redundant from her job as an information and communication teacher in August.
Sue said: “Following my redundancy, I struggled to find new employment - until I found out about Kleeneze in May this year. Before I became a teacher, I’d worked in customer service, and liked the fact that I’d be able to use these skills in my new line of work.
“I am now gradually building up my Kleeneze business and creating a network of distributors.
The flexible hours mean I can work as and when I choose. It’s great to be out on the community every day and I love being my own boss.”
Many Kleeneze distributors earn between £50 a week to over £100,000 a year.
Join Kleeneze Now - www.eze-europe.com