Saturday, May 10, 2008

An Interview with Kleeneze's Michael Khatkar

Whether you’ve been in the business two minutes or two decades, it’s more than likely that you have heard the name Michael Khatkar. The Head of Network Development has been working with Kleeneze Distributors for over eight years and as a result is one of the most well-known faces (not to mention his vocal abilities!) of the business.

So, as we embark on what is going to be our best year ever, EWB decided to catch up with the man himself to find out all the news.

Can you tell us what your job entails?
I am basically the link between the Kleeneze Head Office and the Network. I’m there to support teams wherever they need it and to really maintain a high profile, so both the voices of the Network are fed back to Head Office and that the corporate news is relayed to Distributors in much the same way. That is why you’ll find me speaking at a lot of the Network meetings.
As a consequence, the feedback that I get from Distributors allows me to see how and where we can develop incentives.
I’m then responsible for writing suitable critera for all incentives, as well as tracking who has qualified for the Conferences and the cars. When it comes to Conferences, both here and abroad, I chose and direct all the speakers, which is where my close link to the Network comes in handy!

We’ve heard a rumour that 2008 is going to be gr8. Why?
This is definitely a fantastic time to be in the business. We now have more incentives than ever and they are easier to achieve than ever. For example, to qualify for the Caribbean Cruise in 2009, all you need do is reach the Bronze Executive level and hold it for two more periods. And there’s the Corsa incentive on top of that.

You’re one of the only ones who has been on the Club Med 2. What’s so gr8 about it?
I’ve witnessed eight launches of the Spring Destinations and I can wholeheartedly say that I’ve never seen one that has stirred so much excitement and emotion in the Network. Everyone’s buzzing and everyone’s talking about it. I called it the ‘Ultimate Destination’ at a meeting once and the nickname has stuck, but I really believe it is. Just the whole exclusivity of it makes it one of the best we’ve ever done.

You’ve been through the whole transitional period with Kleeneze. What has that been like?
No one ever said that it was going to be easy and naturally there were going to be some issues with a move of such a massive scale – but on the whole it went extremely well and the support from the Network during that time was just incredible. However, now that the whole transitional process is over and the foundations have been laid, we can start focusing on the year ahead.

What will you be doing more of in 2008?
Communication and support. This is the time for growth and we all need to push forward and do whatever it takes to make this business the best that it can be. We will be creating incentives that are available for everybody and then helping them to achieve them.

What should we (Distributors) be doing in 2008?
Deciding on what your personal goals are and keeping on track to achieve them. It’s also important, though, to sharpen your ability to get people to understand why this business is so great. Encourage people to reach their goals and you will reach yours without trying.
For new people, it’s important to look around the Network at the thousands of success stories that are produced every year. Success leaves clues – it’s a bit of a cliché, but it’s really true – you only need look around to see it.